Est-ce que vous écrivez des cartes ou courriels de noël? Voici des exemples de textes de voeux en anglais pour bien reussir.
20 souhaits de Noël et de fin d’année en anglais.
We choose a holiday greeting in English depending on who we are writing to. I have given examples of holiday greetings for business and friends. The lists are also divided into holiday greetings to say or to write.
General Holiday Greetings that are easy to say:
1. Merry Christmas! and/or Happy New Year!
These are the classic holiday greetings in English.
2. Happy holidays!
We use the generic term holidays in case the person does not celebrate Christmas. I sometimes focus on New Year’s wishes when I am not sure if the person celebrates Christmas.
3. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
4. Have a nice Christmas!
Holiday Greetings for Business
5. I wish you all the best for 2017!
6. I wish you success in business and life in 2017.
7. I hope you have a great start to 2017 and I look forward to seeing you in the new year.
8. I hope you have a nice, fun, relaxing Christmas vacation.
I prefer to concentrate on New Year’s greetings for business. I sometimes wish people a good vacation too.
These are three simple holiday greeting you could use in an email or card.
9. Season’s greetings!
This is a little impersonal. Most often used in cards you buy at a store.
10. Warm holiday wishes.
11. Warmest holiday greetings and best wishes for the new year.
12. Wishing you all the best for 2017!
If you would like a more original holiday greeting for business emails or messages, try:
13. Best wishes for a happy new year filled with health, happiness, and spectacular success.
14. May you start the new year with health, happiness and prosperity.
Holiday Greetings for friends:
“Merry Christmas,” “Happy new Year!” and “Happy Holidays” are very common.
15. I hope you have the best holidays ever!
Here are some holiday greetings I have gotten from friends this year. They are warm, friendly and a little more original than the examples above.
16. We hope your coming year is filled with health, happiness, and love.
Use the pronoun « we » if you want the message to come from your whole family. If the message is just from you, use I.
17. All my best for the holiday season.
You could finish a written message with this sentence.
18. Wishing you, and your family, a merry Christmas and happy New Year!
This is one you could write in a card.
19. Wishing you a very happy holiday season and a fantastic new year!
You can replace the adjectives with other appropriate choices: great, peaceful, healthy, joyous, successful, etc.
20. I am sending you warm thoughts and much love for the holiday season.
This a more personal message to write or say.
See you in 2017!